Listen Up! Northwest is a collaboratively produced radio magazine featuring stories of communities in action throughout the Northwest. Each broadcast highlights the work of skilled community radio producers and artists from our region, including Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
Listen Up! Northwest program 18 features Northwest families.
* Kevin Henry interviews fathers who talk about how their families have given them perspective after incarceration. (Callie Shanafelt, KBCS Seattle)
* We listen to the accounts of a Serbian mother and a young Ethiopian immigrant about how their families have settled in to live in the Northwest. (Logic Amen, KBCS Seattle)
* Lorraine Chisholm interviews a co-author of a report on the child apprehension system in Canada. (Redeye Coop Radio, CFRO Vancouver)
* One mother shares her story of fleeing an abusive relationship to Seattle where she learned the ropes of being a single mom. (Callie Shanafelt, KBCS Seattle)
* A commentary on how adults could learn a few lessons from their children. (Logic Amen, KBCS Seattle)